Long term : To be completely pain free for 3 months in a row, bring down ESR and reduce the dosage of Methotrexate.
Immediate: Should start walking in the morning for at least 15min after a sound sleep.
Overview : Assess the current situation and plan accordingly to achieve the above goals.
Current situation :
- Slight and occasional RA pain in knees, shoulders and toes. It is not consistent and moving.
- No morning stiffness.
- Feeling very tired and lethargic. Other body aches and unease.
Even though the ultimate goal is to address RA pain other current issues are causing stress and there is a confusion between RA pain and regular pain or weakness. So we will address the other issues first so that I’m more prepared, motivated and ready to address RA.
Reason: Why this diversion? Why not go with Clint’s approach?
I’m already feeling weak and tired adding fasting and only juices may deteriorate this condition and I may land up in other problems which will make us loose confidence in Paddison program.
Increase energy levels and stamina without irritating RA further and should start on basic walking everyday.
Things to be avoided at all costs for next months:
- sweets /sugar
- refined /processed foods
- Potatoes, tomatoes, tamarind, pear
- white rice
- Less oil
- Senaga papu / ground nuts
- Raw banana (Lets hold it for sometime as it was a new inclusion)
- Dry figs and dates (Reduced sugar intake)
- Will hold on Meal maker also.
As weight loss is not a concern anymore need to eat the below foods:
- Millets – Dosa/Idly/Flavored rice
- Veggies – Beans, cabbage, bottle gourd, ridge gourd
- Leafy vegetables
- Single polished rice.
- Sweet potatoes
- Fruits – Pineapple, Watermelon, musk melon , pomegranate, apples
- Celery/ Bok choy/cucumber juice
- Will test Rajma and chole as they are plant based and high in nutrition.
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds
- Almonds and walnuts.
If you are concerned or confused as in what is new here I would say not much but we will get back to a routine and have more discipline and the food intake should be increased to be a little more energetic.
Things to do :
- Plan meals /menu for the week in advance and keep all the required ingredients ready.
- Have a backup plan in place.
- Plan snacks for 6 PM everyday to avoid hunger and binge.
Conclusion : Why follow some body else like a sheep instead lets create our own formula to success by analyzing our own circumstances.
Ranjith comments: We need to check the possibility of planning 2-3 weeks of strict diet with only below. I am hoping you will be fully pain free
- Absolutely no oil. Is this possible? – Not 100% but we can try to some extent.
- Do not miss the juice of celery/cucumber/bok choy – Agreed
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner from below – Sweet potatoes I don’t think we will get organic ones . Even normal ones are tough in this season.
- Leafy veggies, sweet potatos ,millets, veggies listed above
- Fruits, almond, walnuts for 11 AM, 3 PM, 4:30 PM – Only organic means you will get papaya, watermelon , grapes , cheeku – Cheeku and papaya has high sugars so not allowed. I think grapes also so surviving on only watermelon is not a feasibility.
- only organic fruits(from whats listed above)
- Options to get rid of 6PM hunger
- Millet roti or dosa that’s made in the morning. Is this feasible considering summer. I don’t think so I need some quick bites as i’ll be in a hurry to prepare dinner and for my evening call and these needs some time for me to sit and eat.
- Sweet potato. Can we make it in the morning and you come and eat it in the evening. If we get these then yes we will steam them and store them in the fridge for evening use.
- Chick peas are actually sanagalu and we are getting organic. Combo of sprouts and sanagalu ? Boiling them with salt/pepper/little chilli also should be good. I don’t want to eat sanagalu for now so ruled out. Sprouts will try.
- Muramuraalu( we should get organic) with onion and kaaram, uppu – This I need to prepare it after I go home. Again a time constraint.